- Denise Nuttall We work with aggressive dogs and provide re socialisation classes. We also run very early preventitive puppy life skills, puppy classes etc where we provide safety training and talk about Yellow Dog etc.
- Suzanne Boucher My dog was killed by a pack uncontrolled but the police investigated after previous incidents but my dog was off the lead too so deemed out of control too. They told me even if my dog was on the a lead longer than 1.5 metres long it is deemed out of control! Unbelievable! The only satisfaction I got was the people concerned got banned from walking dogs on Windsor great park and any Crown Estate land but they are still out there with the unmuzzled dogs 2 Rottweilers Doberman Alsatian Labrador collie and terrier walking elsewhere
- Louise Downing Having owned two rescue BSD bitches who became very lead reactive, after being attacked and being spayed, I looked into many posotive ways of helping them. I am now a TTouch Practitioner and an APDT Trainer. Over the last 15 years I have worked with many people with reactive dogs. Where possible we help them in a club environment, but if that is too stressful for the dog (and/or the owner) I offer 1-2-1s. Www.k9communication.co.uk
I looked for other avenues to educate and stimulate my dogs' both mentally and physically, and both of them were able to participate successfully in agility competitions because they became more focused on the work than the fear of other dogs.
It is not easy owning a dog that is uncomfortable around other dogs, especially with the new laws, but management is a huge part of keeping you, your dog, and others safe.
- Louise Downing Janet Finlay of http://canineconfidence.com/ runs excellent courses and workshops concentrating on both ends of the lead! She helps owners understand their dog's issues and how to help them and themselves cope better within their environment.
- Caroline Cowan I run Prickly Pooches classes; http://cardiffcaninecitizens.com/.../cla.../prickly-pooches/, really more of a programme. I was a local authority Dog Warden for 11 years and have seen dog atttacks from both sides. First week an introductory session without the dog, then one week in a training barn followed by three weeks on a secure field.Owners them receive a one to one at the end of the course. Everyweek oners receive an email with links I would like them to watch. Course is very supportive and clients can contact me as many times as they wish throughout the course and for 6 weeks after the course. We also have fortnightly sessions where we meet at the venue for some practice and then venture into the local neighbourhood and park. These classes have been running for almost 2.5 years and we have had some fantastic success and everyone improves! The venue enables me total control of dogs and people the class will meet. Clients don't even park next to each other as some dogs can't cope with this!