One of the positive things we’re doing for next month’s mag is we're including a great article from Greyhounds4U on how to make Greyhounds cat-friendly and what I'd like is to show loads of pictures of Greyhounds with cats, rabbits, small dogs to reinforce the message that not all Greyhounds will be problematic.
Please email me your best pix of Greyhounds with other pets and approx 100 words telling me something positive about your rescue Greyhound.
We've already got so many letters telling us what's wrong with Emma Milne’s article that all the salient points are well covered.
Plus we can also include a few stories from people who know their dog has chase issues, but how their dogs can still live a very happy life without putting anyone in danger.
If pix can be 300dpi and no bigger than 3MB please or they will bounce. Anything too small won't be of sufficient print quality. (If they show up on the email as an attachment of less 500k then you need to resave them as a higher resolution or bigger image size.)
Here’s our standard photo spec blurb from our designer just so any techy people will know what to do!
• Ideally please supply 300dpi jpegs. Please clearly mark the name of the feature in the subject line and if sending several batches, please number them sequentially too.
• The bigger the file size the better so we have scope to use up to full page if necessary.
• If taking digital photos please ensure the camera is set to the highest resolution setting.
• Minimum file size when compressed as a jpeg should be around 500k – but the bigger the better. Full page size 300dpi jpegs will be around 1.6mb when compressed to “high quality”.
• If you prefer to send photos on CD or DVD via post, please email me for a postal address so I know to look out for the pix.
Please email me the pix and words direct on email@example.com
And please put "Friendly Greyhounds" in the subject box so I can spot them.
Here's one of the lovely pix already received!
Those who still need to vent please continue here - I will be reading, but at less frequent intervals as otherwise I'll never get anything positive done.
Once again, sorry about this folks. We're working on next month's package and a much bigger project too for the future.