Permission to dream

When you work hard, when every day seems to have too few hours, it's easy to forget about your dreams.
In the last 24 hours I've allowed myself to ponder about the things I would still love to do, things I would love to try, things that may make life better for everyone. To do something really useful.
I've been so busy just keeping up with what needs doing that I must have forgot to keep reaching for the seemingly unobtainable.
I've had one email last night and one phone conversation today that has reminded me to get on with stuff and that if you are passionate about something you can make it happen. If you don't try to do the unexpected, nothing out of the ordinary will ever happen.
You will probably fail, but at least you'll have tried.
I sound like I'm talking in code, I can't say exactly what I mean but I've regained a bit of my fight today. There are things I want to do, there are stories I want to tell.
New Year is traditionally a time for new resolutions. Mine is to regain my belief that good things will happen if you do your best.
I'm heading down a road that potentially will make life even more hectic, but fingers crossed it's going to be worth it! I always did reach for the stars, but in the last year or so I seem to have been looking down rather than up and I just forgot they were up there!
I'm so full of positive energy I may even dust off my two movie ideas and try to get them made, too....
Perhaps one step at a time might be a better plan! But if you are a movie mogul or have connections please do drop me a line! I have two potential Oscar-winning scripts (that may feature dogs pretty heavilly) just waiting for the right director/producer!
As soon as I can, I will tell you about my latest project. I'm making lists again... it's just so exciting!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go for your dreams. I love this quote from Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." Good luck!
Julie
Anonymous said…
You are so right. It is so easy to forget to 'go for it' in the whirl of everyday life.
My sister in law died last year, she lived by the motto (which I believe she borrowed from somewhere)that went something like 'don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet it' I am really going to give it a try this year.
Good Luck.

Michelle

P.S Copper says can she have a part in your film?
Flowerpot said…
Sounds very exciting Beverley - looking forward to hearing - and hopefully seeing - more about it. and yes, it's very easy to get caught up in the everyday humdrum of life. But what is life without dreams?
Unknown said…
Hey if you get someone interested in your scripts, I have a fairly experinced filmwork dog here :-) I am sure we could manage Hollywood ;-)

Popular Posts