Untidy dog and office-gate

When I go on TV to talk about something I care about passionately there is just the one blog reader who can always be relied on to give me their own personal version of grief.
Not about what I say, though. Could quite understand that. Free speech and all that.
But no, it's usually trivia.
Last time I was on GMTV, it was my weight that came in for the evils.
This time, a very brief Sky News appearance, it's poor old Oscar's grooming and the untidyness of the Dogs Today office that have come in for much scorn. For some reason I let him/her get away with this one...

"Saw your interviewon Sky News, not sure which worse the messy office or the Beardie that look like it needed good groom."


But I drew the line at this one... until now....

 " 'beardies are a lot of work and not everyone has time to keep them properly groomed.' so where is the line between neglect and not being properly groomed?  I have often seen the dog used as a "prop" in interviews and photos and would have to admit compared to the clean and well groomed dogs I have seen in the show ring, it does seem that the "evils of the show ring" message Dogs Today keeps on peddling which may have better life"

and this delightfully worded one came in after I rejected the one above....

"In the pink re you view on office shambles....not being able to organise a cocktail party in an oflicence or a similar one regarding brewery comes to mind,  the author of this blog  criticised the person who edited the report and yet they too are not the most efficient editor as their track record of shambolic slip ups have shown in the past so working in a mess is reflection of their own lack of ability  and to comment on such is fair thing to do "



For those who blinked and missed it, here are some stills so you can make up your mind whether we need the RSPCA around or indeed Aggie and whatever the other one's name is and the bleach!


Close-up: Look at the overflowing intray - yikes! Imagine having something else to do apart from write stupid comments on people's blogs!


Look at all that Lego behind that hideously neglected Bearded Collie. Surprised we've not had any negative posts about that! (How's the dusting by the way?)



Again, this is obviously a very stressed dog, look at the suffering. Who'd think Oscar was groomed by a former International Dog Groomer of the Year and KC member! And look, that's a hideously coloured bowl!


Okay- I admit it, I didn't really want these boxes in the shot - cameraman said he's shot around them and that to take them away would be 'bland'! It was snowing and I didn't want to put them in our store room as someone would have to walk through the drifts every time someone ordered a binder. Plus the dogs obviously normally live in these cardboard boxes until they are required for another photo opportunity!


And yes my desk is a tip. Could come up with loads of excuses, but fact is I didn't have time to tidy up and the office cleaner hadn't been able to get through because of the snow. I admit it, I am a subscriber to the volcano desk management system. If it's not important it gradually reaches the edge of the desk and falls off! And look at the empty glass - it's never half full is it!

In future I will be banning trivial anonymous personal comments as they really are a waste of everyone's time! After all, I could have had the Mr Sheen out and the comb in the time it took me to write this!

Comments

Linda Ward said…
I looked after a Cocker Spaniel, one of the few I see not clipped short. Spent some time brushng him after our first walk, he went outside for a pee and came back in looking worse than when we started! Sadly dogs don't stay perfectly groomed for long - Unless you're standing anywhere near a show ring when the brushes never stop moving, even the dog looking round starts off another flurry of brushing. :(

Don't blame you for keeping personal comments off your blog. If only until everyone sends in a photo of themselves, their dogs and their workspace for everyone else to comment on.
Julia said…
Ok, so your office is a bit untidy. But them a lot of people's workspace is. And it's positively tidy compared to my husband's study. As for the dog, well it's nice to know that your dogs lead a good doggie life, which involves a bit of mud and a few tangles from time to time. And you should see some of the beardies that we meet on walks with all this mud about. Personally I always feel a bit sorry for any pampered show dogs that are not allowed to be dogs.

Well done you for leading a normal life.
Ann said…
A muddy dog is a happy dog!

From an owner of working sheepdogs.
Anonymous said…
My dog was at the groomers today 5 minutes in the house he wanted out. He proceeded to run around the garden like Speedy Gonzalez then rolled about on the grass and mud came into the kitchen mud head to tail. He had a beaming smile on his cheeky face and I swear I could hear him laughing, I lifted him up to shower him and he gave me the most wonderful dog kisses and I found out he had also rolled on fox poo lol don’t you just love dogs!! :)

Ignore those that spout venom they are not worth one thought you stop giving them the attention they crave they soon go away.
Lucy King said…
Ignore it. Working in editorial generally ensues a less than perfect desk, especially during the day. Oscar is fine too.
In the pink said…
NOT ALL but many show dogs stay looking perfect because they are hardly let out to play! Breeds with long coats often - NOT ALWAYS - but often lead very restricted lives to prevent hair breakage. ANYONE involved in showing knows that this is the case for SOME show specimens. Thankfully there are many elnlightened owners who exhibit and also let their dogs have a good romp.Your anonymous poster is quite blinkered and selective really prefering to comment on trivia and ignoring the real important isues. He/she credits you with having massive influence Beverley, and he/she obviously finds you interesting enough to watch your every move!!! Your supporters far outnumber the rose-coloured spectacle brigade.
Soraya said…
I have a Labradoodle that ALWAYS looks scruffy. In fact the only time he looks remotely groomed is after my eleven year old sister has hugged him into submission to allow her, and only her, to brush him. I'm surprised he hasn't been ceased for neglect. Add the millions of cuts he sustains from running THROUGH brambles and trees...

People really do have too much spare time. He looks chilled and happy. And I love the volcano desk system...

x
Elmo Bear said…
I'm with Soraya on this. With a house full of Goldendoodles, Collies and a Labradoodle we refer to mud as "the rustic look"; it simply means our dogs have character and is nothing to do with not bothering to brush them !

And as they say, "an untidy desk is a productive desk" making both you and I very productive :-)

Popular Posts